Oven Roasted Whole Brussels Sprouts
Updated: Aug 27, 2020
1 Bag Brussels Sprouts (1 lb.)
2-3 Cloves Garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper (optional)
½ Tsp Honey (optional)
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp. Melted Ghee (or Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil or Grass-Fed Butter). optional
1. Wash Brussels Sprouts
2. Place in zipper bag or deep bowl
3. Pre-heat oven to 400F (210 C)
4. In a small bowl mix all ingredients (but not sprouts), add some salt and pepper (optional), some minded garlic, 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar and ½ teaspoon honey (optional!). I very much love it with garlic and honey; however, just balsamic vinegar will make it delicious. Mix all ingredients together
5. Pour this mixture into tightly closed zip plastic bag with Brussels sprouts and shake well to coat (or add to a bowl to mix with Brussels).
6. Place Brussels sprouts on a baking tray. You can use silicone baking tray or use silicon sheet on the bottom of your regular oven tray. Parchment paper can be used for baking as well.
7. Bake on 400 about 20-40 minutes (depends on the size of Brussels) turning occasionally.
I would recommend to avoid foil as we are using some vinegar and it is best not to have vinegar to come with foil on high temperatures. If you must, use lower oven temperature, but It might take much longer to make the Brussels sprouts. If you feel comfortable, it is okay to use just oven tray with some oil. Please stick to avocado, coconut oil or ghee.