Oven Baked Wild Salmon with Veggie Side
Updated: Mar 17
This plate includes:
Oven Baked Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon with skillet roasted grated yellow carrots topped off with Sautéed Beet Greens ( beet tops) mixed with canned Red beans and Quinoa Puffs; all decorated with Micro Cilantro Greens.
Scroll down for recipe!
(Amount of main ingredients depends on a family size)
Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
Yellow Carrots (any carrot works in this recipe)
Canned Red beans
Salt & Pepper
Turmeric Spice (optional)
Cinnamon Spice (optional)
Dry Oregano Spice
Fresh Oregano or Sage (optional)
Fresh Micro Greens
STEP I. SALMON
1. Preheat oven to 285 F
2. Wash salmon, pat dry with paper towel and cut into 1.5-2 inch strips
3. In a small deep bowl add salt, pepper, some turmeric spice, minced garlic, and oregano greens (or dry oregano/Italian seasoning), add lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
4. Lay salmon on a baking tray covered with parchment paper with skin down (if use salmon with skin!)
5. Cover salmon pieces evenly with lemon seasoning& put in the oven.
5. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
NOTES: If NO time, you can bake salmon at 400 F for about 15-20 minutes.
STEP II. VEGGIES (SIDE)
1. Wash Carrots, beet greens and fresh micro greens.
2. Grate carrots and "skillet roast" them on high heat with peppers and cinnamon if desired. Remove from the skillet and place on a plate (s) for individual serving.
3. Separate Beet Greens from stems, we use green part only as stems are too hard to chew. Cut it and quickly sauté it with garlic; once they become softer, add beans. Add salt and pepper if desired (just a tiny beet as they will change twice the size once sautéed); I, personally, skip on salt here!
4. Prior to adding beans of your choice, drain, rinse (if with salt) and add to greens, mix and remove from the skillet to top of your carrots in an individual serving plate.
5. Sprinkle with some quinoa puffs (adds this crunch and beauty to a dish); top off with micro greens of your choice.
STEP III. PLATE
Once salmon is baked, remove from oven and put to a plate near your gorgeous veggies (or on top of it); drizzle with some fresh lemon juice all over the plate and have a blast with the delicious and nutritious meal!